Agenda and minutes
Venue: Council House
Contact: Amelia Boulter Email: email@example.com
Declarations of Interest
Members will be asked to make any declarations of interest in respect of items on the agenda.
There were no declarations of interest made by Members in accordance with the code of conduct.
The Panel will be asked to confirm the minutes of the meeting held on 27 September 2019.
The Panel agreed the minutes of the meeting held on the 27 September 2019, however, felt that the minutes did not accurately reflect the discussion which took place around the Climate Change agenda and ensuring this was incorporated into the recruitment process.
Chair's Urgent Business
To receive reports on business which, in the opinion of the Chair, should be bought forward for urgent consideration.
There were no items of Chair’s urgent business.
To consider passing a resolution under Section 100(4) of the Local Government Act, 1972 to exclude the press and public from the meeting for the following items of business on the grounds that they involve the likely disclosure of exempt information as defined in paragraphs 1, 2 and 4 of Part I of Schedule 12A of the Act, as amended by the Freedom of Information Act 2000.
Agreed the under Section 100(4) of the Local Government Act 1972 to exclude the press and public from the meeting for the following items of business on the grounds that they involve the likely disclosure of exempt information as defined in paragraphs 1, 2 and 4 Part I of Schedule 12A of the Act, as amended by the Freedom of Information Act 2000.
Recruitment of Service Director for Street Services
Anthony Payne (Strategic Director for People) and Kim Brown (Service Director for Human Resources and Organisational Development) provided an update on the current situation and referred to the report in the agenda pack.
· the timetable and that interviews for this post would take place before Christmas;
· the need for an extension to the timetable to ensure the recruitment of the right calibre of candidate;
· the climate change agenda and for this to be included within the role profile;
· how to attract and retain the right calibre of staff and the use of a micro-site to promote and share what was happening within the city with potential candidates;
· preparation for the interview and to pull together a mini working group to work on the interview questions and presentation.
The Panel agreed to:
1. Note the changes to the role of the Service Director for Street Services are in line with the amendments made to other Service Directors’ role profile.
2. Delegate authority to the Strategic Director for Place, in consultation with Lead Member for Environment and Street Scene to agree the final role profile and salary range, and to proceed with the permanent recruitment to the role of Service Director for Street Services.
The Panel also agreed to:
3. An extension to the timetable to ensure the recruitment of the right calibre of candidate to the role of Service Director for Street Services.
4. Email the Panel the link to the micro-site.
5. Establish a mini-working group to prepare questions for the interview.