Heart of the South West Local Transport Board
· The PCC representative is Cllr Mark Coker
· Torbay is represented by Cllr Robert Excell
· LEP is represented by Tim Jones and Liz Waugh
· DCC TBC following election
· SCC TBC following election
· Network Rail is represented by Katherine Campbell
· Highways Agency TBC
What do they do?
The initial role of the LTB from January 2013 will be restricted to managing devolved major transport scheme funding. It is acknowledged however that there may be scope for the LTB to take on further roles in the future including emerging proposals for devolved local rail funding.
The LTB’s roles will be:
· Set the objectives and criteria that will be used as the basis for scheme prioritisation and assessment;
· Identifying a prioritised programme of investments within the available budget including a pipeline of future schemes to enable prudent management;
· Responsibility for ensuring value for money is achieved;
· Making decisions on individual scheme approval, investment decision making and release of funding, including scrutiny of individual scheme business cases;
· Monitoring progress of scheme delivery and spend;
· Actively managing the devolved budget and programme to respond to changing circumstances.
These roles will be reviewed on an alternate year basis alongside the membership of the LTB, or exceptionally if there is a significant change in circumstances such as new or revised government proposals for a particular funding stream or policy.