Plymouth Sports Board
Plymouth Sports Board is a group of key sports organisations who are working in a collaborative and coordinated manner, to ensure the strategic delivering of community sport in the city.
The Board is made up of –
Plymouth City Council
University of St Mark and St John
Plymouth School Sports Partnership
What do they do?
The Plymouth Sports Board is the main body of expertise regarding community sport in the city and will be utilised by all as an advisory panel and, where appropriate, for decision taking, commissioning and delivery of strategically focused activity.
- Reduce health inequalities and promote diversity and inclusion in order to drive up participation across the equity groups – including women, ethnic minorities and those with disabilities.
- Work with the Council to determine priorities for Plymouth.
- Create strong and appropriate links with partners to develop and implement plans that deliver on these priorities.
- Advocate and influence a strong positioning for sport in the Plymouth Plan and other key policies and plans within the city.
- Work collaboratively on mutually agreed achievable goals.
- Identify and secure resources to maximise the impact and benefit to sport in the city.
- Provide a formal mechanism for engagement with sport in Plymouth City Council Provide a strategic voice on behalf of community sport