Plymouth Children and Young People's Partnership
Formerly the Children and Young People’s Trust Board
Cabinet Member, Plymouth City Council
Director for People, Plymouth City Council
Assistant Director for Education, Learning and Family Support
Representatives of –
Plymouth Community Healthcare
Devon and Cornwall Police
Plymouth Hospitals Trust
Commissioning Team, Plymouth City Council
What do they do?
1. Create and develop an agreed vision and priorities that will promote partnership working along co-operative principles and link to other strategic boards;
2. Create clear lines of accountability between the partnership and sub groups (some virtual) that will provide robust support to deliver the priorities and present peer challenge;
3. Oversee delivery of services for children and young people and ensure the Plymouth Plan, Growth Board and Health and Wellbeing Board maintain an appropriate focus on children and young people and deliver excellent services for them;
4. Champion the voice of children and young people and parents in service design and everything we promote;
5. Provide leadership and accountability for the outcomes for children and young people and their families;
6. Promote safeguarding as an overall principle of delivery of all services to children and young people and respond to any issues raised from independent partnerships such as Plymouth Safeguarding Children’s Board.
No powers. Will oversee the delivery of services for children and young people in the city.