Plymouth Centre for Faiths and Cultural Diversity – Board of Trustees
Summary of Terms of Reference
- The Charity’s object (“the Object”) is:
The advancement of education in world religion and culture, based on the values of respect and tolerance, for the people, especially the young, of Plymouth and surrounding areas.
- In furtherance of the Objects but not otherwise the Charity may exercise the following powers:
- to draw, make. Accept, endorse, discount, execute and issue promissory notes, bills, cheques and other instruments, and to operate bank accounts in the name of the Charity;
2. to raise funds and to invite and receive contributions: provided that in raising the funds the Charity shall not undertake any substantial permanent trading activities and shall conform to any relevant statutory regulations;
3. to acquire, alter, improve and (subject to such consents as may be required by law) to charge or otherwise dispose of property;
4. subject to clause 5 below to employ such staff, who shall not be directors of the Charity (hereinafter referred to as “the trustees”), as are necessary for the proper pursuit of the Objects and to make all reasonable and necessary provision for the payment of pensions and superannuation to staff and their dependants;
5. to establish or support any charitable trusts, associations or institutions formed for all or any of the Objects;
6. to co-operate with other charities, voluntary bodies and stautory authorities operating in furtherance of the Objects or similar charitable purposes and to exchange information and advice with them;
7. to pay out of the funds of the Charity the costs, charges and expenses of and incidental to the formation and registration of the Charity;
8. to do all such other lawful things as are necessary for the achievement of the Objects.
Director/Chair of Trustees
- Councillor Sarah Allen - Peverell