Issue - meetings

Questions by the Public

Meeting: 22/11/2021 - City Council (Item 5)

Questions by the Public

To receive questions from and provide answers to the public in relation to matters which are about something the council is responsible for or something that directly affects people in the city, in accordance with Part B, paragraph 11 of the Constitution.


Questions, of no longer than 50 words, can be submitted to the Democratic Support Unit, Plymouth City Council, Ballard House, West Hoe Road, Plymouth, PL1 3BJ, or email to Any questions must be received at least five complete working days before the meeting.

Additional documents:


Question submitted by Mr Rodger Gregg Black


Question: Residents of Yeo Close in Efford are experiencing a lot of Anti-Social Behaviour. Does the Council have any plans to tackle this?


Answer: Police have increased patrols in this area, additionally youth support teams have engaged in youth outreach in the locality. This engagement will continue at key times. We are also trying to increase the provision of our youth centres in efforts to engage young people, in the locality in more planned activities. Plymouth Argyle (PL Kicks) will also be starting a programme of works in the area. In response to the issues reported, an Environmental Visual Audit was conducted. This was to assess the area and to consider any practical steps to increase feelings of safety in this particular location. This led to the conclusion that CCTV could be used. It was determined that the area would be suitable and has passed the legality test that may enable CCTV to be placed in the area. Next steps will be a visit to ensure the infrastructure is able to support this recommendation. Local Cllrs have requested a meeting to discuss issues (25/10/21). This is being planned by Community Connections Officers and will involve CCTV, Community Connections Officers, Police partners, Youth Services and any other agency who can assist with this issue.



Question submitted by Alice Stephens.


Question: I'm Alice, I’m a youth worker for the Mutley/Greenbank Trust and I want to know what council-owned buildings in the Mutley/Greenbank area are available for youth provision and who do we contact about getting one.


Answer: The Council does not have any suitable premises available in the Mutley/Greenbank area foryouth provision, however it may be possible to co-locate with other community and voluntary sector organisation in this locality and would suggest that contact be made through Plymouth Octopus Project Children and Young Peoples Network for further discussion with partners.