Agenda and minutes

Venue: Council House. View directions

Contact: Helen Rickman/ Jamie Sheldon  Email: Email:

No. Item


The appointment of the Chair and Vice Chair

Members will be asked to appoint a Chair and Vice Chair for the forthcoming municipal year 2018/19.



Due to attendance members agreed Martin Edmonds would continue as Chair and Helena Mitchell would continue as Vice Chair.



Declarations of Interest

Members will be asked to make any declarations of interest in respect of items on this agenda.


There were no declarations of interest made in accordance with the code of conduct.


Minutes pdf icon PDF 63 KB

To confirm the minutes of the meeting held on 12 March 2018.


Members agreed the minutes of the meeting held 12 March 2018.


Chair's Urgent Business

To receive reports on business which, in the opinion of the Chair, should be brought forward for urgent consideration.


There were no items of chairs urgent business.


Reviewing the role of Plymouth Sacre and its members pdf icon PDF 481 KB

Members will review the role of Plymouth Sacre.

Additional documents:


Members were asked the following questions in groups and were asked to populate the flip charts provided with answers to provoke discussion –


·         SACRE’s do;

·         RE what I know;

·         collective Worship – What I know;

·         opportunities;

·         threats;

·         development needs;

·         strengths;

·         SACRE responsibilities/duties;

·         I am a SACRE member because.




·         Members agreed for Heather Ogburn / Jamie Sheldon and Helen Rickman to meet with Legal to draft a Terms of reference/ Constitution


·         Heather Ogburn/ Jamie Sheldon to contact Cornwall Council to have a look at their Constitution/ Terms of reference.


·         Heather Ogburn to look for a Code of Conduct for Members visiting schools


·         Katie Freeman – be aware of core commissioning coming out September 12 18 – Katie to lead on autumn meeting.


·         Young people to come along to every meeting as we need to hear views from young people – Martin Edmonds, Katie Freeman and Heather Ogburn to assist


·         Sub group to be set up to look at the agreed syllabus – Katie Freeman to assist


·         Jamie Sheldon and Helen Rickman to look at statistical neighbours in education for schools and find out budget allocated to SACRE’s


·         Heather Ogburn to give a realistic picture of budget for next meeting





Members will be invited to raise any other items of business.


Under this item members raised the following –


1.    Standing item to be added to each agenda – date and venue of next meeting.

2.    Jayesh item regarding ways how religious freedom can be used to address social issue like elderly care to eb added to the next agenda.

3.    The chair would like his thanks recorded to Jamie Sheldon and Helen Rickman for the admin support provided to SACRE.