Agenda and decisions
Venue: Council House, Plymouth
Contact: Jamie Sheldon Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Declarations of Interest
Cabinet Members will be asked to make any declarations of interest in respect of items on this agenda.
To sign and confirm as a correct record the minutes of the meeting held on 05 February 2024.
Questions from the Public
To receive questions from the public in accordance with the Constitution.
Questions, of no longer than 50 words, can be submitted to the Democratic Support Unit, Plymouth City Council, Ballard House, Plymouth, PL1 3BJ, or email to email@example.com. Any questions must be received at least five clear working days before the date of the meeting.
Chair's Urgent Business
To receive reports on business which, in the opinion of the Chair, should be brought forward for urgent consideration.
1. Noted the outcome of the “Let’s Talk Armada Way” October/November 2023 Consultation and Engagement Exercise as considered and set out in the report.
2. Agreed to The proposed changes to the Armada Way scheme in response to the “Let’s Talk Armada Way” Consultation and Engagement Exercise as set out in paragraph 10.1 of the report.
3. Agreed the response, set out in Section 12 of the report, to the recommendations arising from the Growth and Infrastructure Overview and Scrutiny Committee regarding the Armada Way Scheme.
4. Approved the Armada Way final scheme design as summarised in paragraph 1.4 of the report and Appendix L.
5. Directed the Strategic Director for Place to take all necessary steps to confirm a final construction cost for the approved Armada Way design and to report back to a subsequent meeting of the Cabinet for approval.
6. Directed the Strategic Director for Place to establish a City Centre Public Realm Board, with representatives from relevant City Council departments and the City Centre Company, to coordinate and monitor all existing public realm revenue maintenance budgets and oversee new income-generating initiatives.
Councillor Tudor Evans OBE (Leader) proposed an additional recommendation to direct the Strategic Director for Place to make provision within the final capital cost of the Armada Way scheme for a time capsule to be placed in the scheme. This was agreed by the Cabinet.