Issue - decisions
Finance Outturn Report 2022 - 22
Moving to item 10, Councillor Mark Shayer (Deputy Leader and Cabinet Member for Finance and Economy) and Brendan Arnold (Service Director for Finance) introduced the Provisional Capital and Revenue Outturn Report 2021 – 22 -
This report outlined the Provisional Outturn position of the Council for the year ending 31st March 2022. Full details of the Provisional Outturn position for each directorate is set out in the body of the report.
Cabinet agreed to:
1. Note the Provisional Revenue Outturn position for the year to 31 March 2022 and
2. Note the Provisional Capital Outturn position for that year including the Capital Financing Requirement of £75.275m
is a statutory requirement to provide an outturn report and is provisional as it is subject to external audit.
3. Agree that the Provisional Revenue Outturn position includes the setting aside of monies in the sum of £0.349m into a Change Contingency To be carried forward to financial year 2022/23
To fund Invest to Save initiatives in 2022/23 to assist in balancing future budget requirements.
4. Note that the Provisional Revenue Outturn position includes the setting aside of monies to support the 2022/23 Revenue Budget as agreed by Council on 28 February 2022 to agree the
a. Carry forward of general resources in the sum of £2.845m to financial year 2022/23
b. Carry forward of Covid grants in the sum of £4.890 m to 2022/23.
c. Carry forward of the remaining balance of £1.708m set aside at closure of the accounts for 2020/21 to assist in preparing for budget settlements in later years.
These arrangements were approved by Full Council at the meeting on 28 February 2022to balance the 2022/23 Revenue Budget.
5. Recommend the Report to City Council 20 June 2022