North Prospect Community Learning Development Group
Summary of Terms of Reference
To promote North Prospect as a neighbourhood of excellence, especially for Lifelong learning and personal development.
Aims and Objectives
1. To promote and develop a positive neighbourhood culture of lifelong learning with raised personal aspirations.
- Improve the social and economic environment in partnership with others.
- Celebrate personal achievements in the neighbourhood.
- Recognise and celebrate diversity
- Challenge and address negative preconceptions and barriers
2. To provide learning and development resources and opportunities to enable the people of North Prospect to realise their potential.
· Provide diverse learning and development opportunities, which address a range of personal needs in partnership with community groups, agencies, organisations and local people.
· Provide learning environments where people feel safe and welcome.
· Provide affordable childcare for learners in co-operation with the Sure Start Lark Children’s Centre
· Provide people with independent information, advice and guidance.