Mount Edgcumbe Joint Committee
Purpose of committee
This is a Joint Committee with Cornwall Council that deals with issues relating to the Mount Edgcumbe Joint Committee.
The Cabinets of Plymouth City Council and Cornwall Council have joint responsibility under Sections 6, 7, 8 and 9 of the Countryside Act 1968 and Section 19 of the Local Government (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1976 for the strategic management and control of the Mount Edgcumbe House and Country Park including the power to acquire and sell land.
The administration of the Committee undertaken by Plymouth City Council.
Membership of the Joint Committee is as follows –
· Councillor Mark Shayer (Joint Chair) (Plymouth City Council)
· Councillor David Salmon (Plymouth City Council)
· Councillor Charlotte Carlyle (Plymouth City Council)
· Councillor Philip Partridge (Plymouth City Council)
· Councillor Margaret Corvid (Plymouth City Council)
· Councillor Sue McDonald (Plymouth City Council)
· Councillor Chris Penberthy (Plymouth City Council)
· Councillor Rennie (Plymouth City Council – Reserve Member)
Cornwall Council Membership to be confirmed.
Co-opted Representatives (Non-voting):
· Sir Richard Carew Pole
· Mr D L Richards
· Nicola Cull
Support officer: Helen Prendergast T: 01752 668000
Information on Committees, Joint Committees, Committee Procedure Rules and other Statutory Functions is contained in the Council’s Constitution at Part E.
- Sir Richard Carew Pole Bt.
- Mr D L Richards
- Sarah Foque
- Councillor Mark Shayer (Co-Chair)
- Councillor Charlotte Carlyle
- Councillor Margaret Corvid
- Councillor Susan McDonald
- Councillor Philip Partridge
- Councillor Chris Penberthy
- Councillor Eddie Rennie
- Councillor David Salmon
- Councillor Martyn Alvey
- Councillor Kate Ewert
- Councillor Shelia Lennox-Boyd
- Councillor Jane Pascoe
- Councillor John Tivnan
- Councillor Martin Worth
- Councillor Sharon Daw
Support officer: Democratic Adviser. Email: email@example.com
Chief Executive's Department
Floor 3 (West) Ballard House
West Hoe Road
Phone: 01752 668000
Web site: http://www.plymouth.gov.uk