Mount Edgcumbe Joint Committee
Purpose of committee
This is a Joint Committee with Cornwall Council that deals with issues relating to the Mount Edgcumbe Joint Committee.
The Cabinets of Plymouth City Council and Cornwall Council have joint responsibility under Sections 6, 7, 8 and 9 of the Countryside Act 1968 and Section 19 of the Local Government (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1976 for the strategic management and control of the Mount Edgcumbe House and Country Park including the power to acquire and sell land.
The administration of the Committee undertaken by Plymouth City Council.
Membership of the Joint Committee is as follows –
· Councillor Vincent (Joint Chair) (Plymouth City Council)
· Councillor Mrs Beer (Plymouth City Council)
· Councillor Corvid (Plymouth City Council)
· Councillor Michael Leaves (Plymouth City Council)
· Councillor Mrs Pengelly (Plymouth City Council)
· Councillor Rennie (Plymouth City Council)
· Councillor Peter Smith (Plymouth City Council)
· Councillor Trubody (Joint Chair) (Cornwall Council)
· Councillor Burden (Cornwall Council)
· Councillor Crago (Cornwall Council)
· Councillor Foot (Cornwall Council)
· Councillor Lennox-Boyd (Cornwall Council)
· Councillor Pugh (Cornwall Council)
· Rob Nolan (Cornwall Council)
Co-opted Representatives (Non-voting):
· Sir Richard Carew Pole
· Mr D L Richards
· Nicola Cull
Support officer: Helen Prendergast T: 01752 305155
Information on Committees, Joint Committees, Committee Procedure Rules and other Statutory Functions is contained in the Council’s Constitution at Part E.
- Sir Richard Carew Pole Bt.
- Mr D L Richards
- Sarah Foque
Support officer: Democratic Adviser. Email: email@example.com
Chief Executive's Department
Floor 3 (West) Ballard House
West Hoe Road
Phone: 01752 668000
Web site: http://www.plymouth.gov.uk