Plymouth Waterfront Partnership Board
Plymouth Waterfront Partnership was set up to sit alongside the City Centre Company under the umbrella of Destination Plymouth. It aims to improve the entire visitor experience of the waterfront and Barbican by better managing the area and making the most of marketing and promotional opportunities.
The partnership hopes to follow in the footstep of the City Centre Company by encouraging private and public sector to work together to increase visitors, improve the environment of the area as well as host events and encourage a sense of pride.
The organisational structure has been put in place, with a board set up to oversee its work.
The partnership plans to initiate a number of actions designed to make rapid improvements as well as set in motion more longer-term goals. Among ideas currently being considered are:
- Attracting a major conference to the city
- Establish a strategic approach to waterfront events
- Produce and distribute nationally a new-look visitor guide
- Working with Destination Plymouth and the City Centre Company to develop a joint marketing plan to promote events
- Improve the appearance and management of the public toilets on the Barbican
- Update the existing Visit Plymouth website
- Identify necessary signage and walking trail improvements
The Plymouth Chamber of Commerce is one of many business partners involved in the planning and delivery of the Waterfront Partnership.
Phone: 01752 304919
Council contact information