Devon Audit Partnership
Joint Management Committee of Plymouth City, Devon County and Torbay Councils
(Reports to Cabinet)
Unless the Partnership Joint Committee otherwise agrees:-
1. The Standing Orders of the Host Council shall apply to the meetings of the Partnership Joint Committee except as hereinafter provided
2. The Annual Meeting of the Partnership Joint Committee shall be held between May and August inclusive every year and the budget setting meeting referred to in clause 8 of this agreement shall be held in November or December every year. The Chairmanship of the Partnership Joint Committee shall be on a rotational basis with each Council having a member serve as Chairman for one year in every three years. The first Chairman shall be elected from the members and shall be appointed for the period from 1 April 2009 until the Annual Meeting held in 2010. In the second year the Partnership Joint Committee shall elect as Chairman a member from one of the two Council’s who had not acted as Chairman in the previous year and in the third year the member shall be appointed from the Council who had not held the Chairmanship in the previous two years. The Vice Chairman shall be elected from the members appointed to the Partnership Joint Committee save that in any year the Vice Chairman shall be appointed from a Council other than the Council which holds the Chairmanship.
3. The Partnership Joint Committee shall meet twice annually and at such other times as the Partnership Joint Committee considers necessary from time to time. The dates times and venue for any meetings of the Partnership Joint Committee shall be determined by the Chairman.
4. The Councils may make substitutions in accordance with their own procedures where one of their members is unable to attend any meeting of the Partnership Joint Committee
5. The Chairman or Vice-Chairman may call a meeting of the Partnership Joint Committee at any time and shall do so upon the written request of three members
6. The Host Council in consultation with the Chairman of the Partnership Joint Committee shall send to every Member at least seven days before a meeting of the Partnership Joint Committee a summons to attend the meeting specifying the business proposed to be transacted thereat.
7. Each Member representing each Council shall have one vote at meetings of the Partnership Joint Committee
8. Any three voting members of the Councils remaining in the Partnership shall form a quorum provided that the said three members shall include one member appointed from each of the Councils
9. Minutes of the proceedings of the Partnership Joint Committee shall be sent to all members of the Partnership Joint Committee and the Chief Finance Officer and the Monitoring Officer of the Councils remaining in the Partnership.
Partnership Joint Committee Responsibilities
· Receive and consider reports from the Management Board, the Head of Internal Audit Partnership, External Audit and the Host Council
· Approving the annual accounts of the Partnership
· Approving the budget in respect of the Audit Partnership functions
· Approving the annual work programme in respect of the Functions
· Approving the future appointment and dismissal or removal of the Head of Internal Audit Partnership.
· Approving changes to the Partnership Client base, trading agreements, charging policies and other necessary matters pertaining to the future operations of the Partnership
· Resolving any disputes that are still unresolved after reference to the Management Board
The Councils may make substitutions in accordance with their own procedures where one of their members is unable to attend any meeting of the Partnership Joint Committee
Location: Wendy Simpson, Democratic Services, Devon County Council (Room G31) County Hall, Topsham, Exeter EX2 4QD tel: 01392 384383 email: email@example.com
Robert Hutchins, Devon Audit Partnership and Wendy Simpson (Democratic Services Devon County Council)
Devon Audit Partnership